Air Boat Ride and Everglades Nature Walk
- Come with us on a 1-hour air boat way out in the real Everglades! On this smaller air boat trip, we stop at one or two Native American tree island villages to learn about how the Miccosukee people survived in the Everglades. We are the only tour to provide this unique experience! Become immersed in their special customs and the authentic beauty of their remote way of life.
- On this trip, we typically see large alligators, baby alligators, birds and other wildlife. This sometimes includes the critically endangered Everglades snail kite! On this exhilarating trip, you’ll find yourself mesmerized by the reflection of the white clouds on the water, way out, far from land in the middle of the “River of Grass.”
- You will also go on a 1.5 hour nature walk led by our master naturalist in the Everglades National Park. This is one of the most iconic National Parks in the United States. We are one of just a few companies permitted to lead interpretive walking tours In ENP.
- Visiting here is a bucket-list item!
- On this walk, we know where the wildlife is, and we get to see it up close!
- WE DO NOT GO TO PLACES WHERE THERE ARE ANIMALS IN CAGES AND PENS!
- Guests learn about the natural flora and fauna, and better understand the critical role of water flow and quality in shaping the historic Everglades. We also learn about recent conservation efforts.
- Enjoy a 25 minute narrated scenic drive provided by the master naturalist. There is also 30-45 minutes to explore on one’s own too, including a stop in at the Visitors Center.
- Round-trip from your Miami or Ft. Lauderdale-based hotel (some restrictions apply). Call to verify if your hotel is in our pick up range. Meet up locations: We have several different meet up locations we provide for those coming from outside of our pick up areas, or who prefer this option.
- If you chose to meet us where the tour starts, a discount may apply.
- Roomy, very clean high-roof sprinter style vehicles.
- Also provided: pick up at your cruise ship at PortMiami (post-cruise) or drop off at PortMiami (pre-cruise). Drop off at Port Everglades provided (pre-cruise).
- We can take you to Miami Airport or Ft. Lauderdale Airport at the conclusion of the tour!
- Free luggage storage (we keep your luggage safely with us during the tour)!
- Hotel pick up times are usually around 7:30 a.m.
- We will message you the day before the tour to provide the exact pick up or meet-up time.
- We pick up in many areas from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. However, we may need to require meeting us at a meet up location to begin the tour for those staying in Ft. Lauderdale locations north of Sunrise Blvd. or west of I-95. And in Miami we may have to provide meet up locations for those in some neighborhoods, including but not necessarily limited to Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Doral, and South Miami Dade County areas.
- Entrance and activity fees
- National Park fees
- Luggage storage
- Insect repellent (if needed)
- Wild Lime eco-bottles and National Park maps as our gift
- Smaller-group, highly personalized experience!
- Experienced naturalist guide
- Hotel or Port pickup and drop-off
- GRATUITIES FOR BOAT CAPTAIN AND GUIDE
- Breakfast or lunch
- Tour length: typically 5.5 to 6 hours (includes transportation from and back to your hotel. Tour length a bit shorter than that for those meeting at meet-up location).
- Return time: depends on locations, but is usually about 1:30 p.m.
- Tour available year-round.
- Traffic is a part of life here in South Florida. We are not responsible for tour delays or other problems caused by traffic-related issues.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The walk is rated as easy.
- Comfortable walking shoes are required. Most of the walk is on flat, level terrain, including part of it on a boardwalk. There is one part of the walk that is off-trail (still a dry walk; not a wet walk). This part is optional for individuals on the tour.
- Please ask us for accommodations regarding slower walkers or those in wheelchairs.
- We will call you, text you or WhatsApp you the afternoon before the tour to let you know the exact pick up or meet up time.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting. While on the tour, WLA reserves the right to replace a part of the tour with other activities and locations.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative tour, alternative date or a full refund.
- The minimum age for a child on the shared tour is 5. This requirement may be waived on private tours.
- This tour can be altered to include lunch or a different pick up time, or to be changed in any other way for private or group tours, based on advanced arrangements made with WLA.
- Cruise ship pickups are typically between 7:30 and 7:55 a.m. We will text you once we are there at the port, and we will provide additional information about the pickup. If you are delayed disembarking for any reason, we can not wait for you.
Air Boat Ride and Everglades Nature Walk
This adventure is operated by Wild Lime Adventures
Parties of 4 or less – Must cancel 48 hours in advance of a tour for a full refund.
(24 hours in advance for a 50% refund.)
Parties of 5 or more – Must cancel 72 hours in advance of a tour for a full refund.
(48 hours in advance for a 50% refund.)