Full-Day: Everglades Adventure Tour w/ Wet Hike Led by an Experienced Naturalist
- Take a wet hike led by an experienced naturalist guide. This is a bucket list experience! Join us on this mesmerizingly beautiful walk under a canopy of bald cypress trees. Witness the thousands of beautifully delicate epiphytes – ferns, bromeliads, and orchids only to be fully experienced on a wet walk. Big Cypress National Preserve, situated right in the middle of the Everglades, is a forested area home to the Florida panther, black bear, wild boar, the endangered Everglades mink, Florida bobcat, an incredible variety of turtles and fish, a wide array of bird species, and of course, many alligators! Learn about the natural flora and fauna from your experienced guide. Better understand the critical role of water flow and quality in Big Cypress and how it has shaped the historic Everglades including recent conservation efforts.
- Embark on a 1-hour boat trip in the 10,000 Islands region of Everglades National Park. Listen to the fascinating real stories of days gone by from multi-generational boat captains who know this region better than anyone. This is your chance to see bottlenose dolphins, manatees, sawfish, brown and white pelicans, osprey, roseate spoonbills, and much more. On this exhilarating ride, you will explore this critical mangrove estuary in the heart of the real Everglades.
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch with many menu choices.
- Take a scenic wildlife-spotting drive with your master naturalist guide through Big Cypress National Preserve. Stop at several different locations and experience the wide variety of animals and bird species that make this region their home. Get your cameras ready. Often taking back roads, we know where to find the wildlife! We will be on the lookout for a vast array of birds as well, like red shoulder hawks, short-tailed hawks, wood storks, roseate spoonbills, and more! Take a deep breath of the pure air as you travel through the five distinct ecosystems that make up this expanse of the Everglades.
- End the day with an amazing one-hour airboat ride way out in the “River of Grass” and go to visit a Native American village to learn about how the Miccosukee survived in this remote part of the Everglades
- 2 boat trips, 2 National parks, lunch, and a wet walk! What a wonderful day!
TRANSPORTATION (NO EXTRA CHARGE):
- Round-trip from your Miami or Ft. Lauderdale based hotel (some restrictions apply).
- Roomy, very clean high-roof sprinter style vehicles.
- Pick up at your cruise ship at PortMiami (post-cruise) or drop off at PortMiami (pre-cruise). Drop off at Port Everglades provided (pre-cruise).
- In most cases, we can take you to Miami Airport or Ft. Lauderdale Airport at the conclusion of the tour.
- Free luggage storage (we keep your luggage safely with us during the tour)!
- Meet up locations: We have several different meet up locations we provide for those coming from outside of our pick up areas, or who prefer this option (some discounts may apply).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Entrance and activity fees
- National Park fees
- Walking sticks, water shoes, towels (for use on this tour)
- Lunch (vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options)
- Luggage storage
- Insect repellent
- Wild Lime eco-bottles and National Park maps as our gift
- Water throughout the day
- Smaller-group, highly personalized experience!
- Experienced naturalist guide
- Hotel or Port pickup and drop-off
- Change of clothes (for after wet walk)
- You might want to have old sneakers of your own and if you do , don’t forget dry shoes for after the walk!
- Alcohol during lunch
- GRATUITIES FOR BOAT CAPTAINS AND GUIDE – SUGGESTED
- Tour length: typically 9.5 to 10 hours (includes transportation from and back to your hotel. Tour length a bit shorter than that for those meeting at meet up location).
- Return time: depends on locations, but usually at about 5 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tour available from October through April.
- Traffic is a part of life here in South Floirda. We are not responsible for tour delays or other problems caused by traffic related issues.
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. The walk is rated as moderate.
- We will call you, text you or WhatsApp you the afternoon before the tour to let you know the exact pick up or meet up time.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting. While on the tour, WLA reserves the right to replace a part of the tour with other activities and locations.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered with the choice of an alternative tour, alternative date or a full refund.
- Child rate applies with at least one paying adult.
- The minimum age for a child on the shared tour is 5. This requirement can be waived on private tours.
- Cruise ship pickups are typically between 7:30 and 7:55 a.m. We will text you once we are there at the port, and we will provide additional information about the pickup. If you are delayed disembarking for any reason, we can not wait for you.
- This tour can include a different pick up time, or be changed in any other way for private or group tours, based on advanced arrangements made with WLA.
Wet Hike & Everglades Adventure
This adventure is operated by Wild Lime Adventures
Parties of 4 or less – Must cancel 48 hours in advance of a tour for a full refund.
(24 hours in advance for a 50% refund.)
Parties of 5 or more – Must cancel 72 hours in advance of a tour for a full refund.
(48 hours in advance for a 50% refund.)