Full-Day Tour: Dry Hike & Everglades Adventure Led by an Experienced Naturalist
- Come with us on a 1-hour airboat way out in the real Everglades! On this smaller airboat, we get to go way out there. We typically see large alligators, baby alligators, a wide variety of birds, and other wildlife! This sometimes includes the critically endangered Everglades snail kite. On this exhilarating ride, you’ll find yourself mesmerized by the reflection of the white clouds on the water, far from land in the middle of the “River of Grass.”
- Visit a remote Native American village. We stop at one or two Native American tree island villages and learn about how the Miccosukee Indians were able to survive in the remote Everglades. We are the only tour to provide this unique experience. Become immersed in their special customs and the authentic beauty of their remote way of life.
- Embark on a 1-hour boat trip in the 10,000 Islands region of Everglades National Park. Listen to the fascinating real stories of days gone by from multi-generational boat captains who know the life of this region better than anyone. This is your chance to see bottlenose dolphins, manatees, sawfish, brown and white pelicans, osprey, roseate spoonbills, and much more. On this exhilarating ride, you will explore this critical mangrove estuary in the heart of the real Everglades.
- Step back in time with a visit to a historic trading post where the first settlers to the areas traded with the Seminoles.
- Go on a dry nature walk led by your experienced naturalist guide. We know where the wildlife is, and we get to see it up close, and where wildlife should be experienced, in the wild! We never go to places with animals in cages and pens. We typically see baby alligators, large alligators, other wildlife, and a wide variety of bird species! Guests learn about the natural flora and fauna and better understand the critical role of water flow and quality in shaping the historic Everglades. We also learn about recent conservation efforts.
- Your tour includes a delicious local lunch with many menu choices.
- Take a scenic wildlife-spotting drive with your master naturalist guide through Big Cypress National Preserve. Stop at several different locations and experience the wide variety of animals and bird species that make this region their home. Get your cameras ready. Often taking back roads, we know where to find the wildlife! We will be on the lookout for a vast array of birds as well, like red shoulder hawks, short-tailed hawks, wood storks, roseate spoonbills, and more! Take a deep breath of the pure air as you travel through the five distinct ecosystems that make up this expanse of the Everglades.
TRANSPORTATION (NO EXTRA CHARGE):
- Round-trip from your Miami or Ft. Lauderdale-based hotel (some restrictions apply). Call to verify if your hotel is in our pick up range. Meet-up locations: We have several different meet up locations we provide for those coming from outside of our pick up areas, or who prefer this option.
- If you chose to meet us where the tour starts, a discount may apply.
- Roomy, very clean high-roof sprinter-style vehicles.
- Also provided: pick up at your cruise ship at PortMiami (post-cruise) or drop off at PortMiami (pre-cruise). Drop off at Port Everglades provided (pre-cruise).
- We can take you to Miami Airport or Ft. Lauderdale Airport at the conclusion of the tour!
- Free luggage storage (we keep your luggage safely with us during the tour)!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Entrance and activity fees
- National Park fees
- Lunch (vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options)
- Luggage storage
- Insect repellent (in case needed)
- Wild Lime eco-bottles and National Park maps as our gift
- Water throughout the day
- Snacks throughout the day
- Smaller-group, highly personalized experience!
- Experienced naturalist guide
- R/T transportation in designated areas
- GRATUITIES FOR BOAT CAPTAINS AND GUIDES
- Alcohol (at lunch)
- Tour length: typically 9.5 to 10 hours (includes transportation from and back to your hotel. Tour length is a bit shorter than that for those meeting at meet-up location).
- Return time: depends on locations, but usually about 5 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tour available year-round.
- Traffic is a part of life here in South Florida. We are not responsible for tour delays or other problems caused by traffic-related issues.
- A moderate about of walking is involved. The walk is rated as easy.
- Comfortable walking shoes are required.
- Please ask us for accommodations regarding slower walkers or those in wheelchairs.
- We will call you, text you, or WhatsApp you the afternoon before the tour to let you know the exact pickup or meet up time.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting. While on the tour, WLA reserves the right to replace a part of the tour with other activities and locations.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered with the choice of an alternative tour, alternative date or a full refund.
- Child rate applies with at least one paying adult.
- The minimum age for a child on the shared tour is 5. This requirement can be waived on private tours.
- Cruise ship pickups are typically between 7:30 and 7:55 a.m. We will text you once we are there at the port, and we will provide additional information about the pickup. If you are delayed disembarking for any reason, we can not wait for you.
- This tour can include a different pick up time, or be changed in any other way for private or group tours, based on advanced arrangements made with WLA.
- If you are coming from the WEST COAST (Naples, Fort Myers, Sanibel, Sarasota), please let us know so that we can arrange the tour in a particular way so you have less driving at the conclusion of the tour.
Dry Hike & Everglades Adventure
This adventure is operated by Wild Lime Adventures
Parties of 4 or less – Must cancel 48 hours in advance of a tour for a full refund.
(24 hours in advance for a 50% refund.)
Parties of 5 or more – Must cancel 72 hours in advance of a tour for a full refund.
(48 hours in advance for a 50% refund.)